Monday, October 20, 2008

One Liners from the Hubster

My husband is the King of one liners. Usually he steals them from movies or television shows and attempts to pass them off as his own. The best ones, however, are the ones he makes up himself. They are usually super retarded or extra cheesy. The one that I'm sharing today was absolutely poetic and made my heart melt.

Last week I had the unfortunate experience of attending a funeral of the husband of one of my friends. As you can imagine, it was a very emotional day. When I returned home, my husband immediately turned off the television and just held me close. Between sobs I said to him "I would be lost without you". He returned with "Well, I wouldn't be lost without you." And I braced myself for the rhetorical jab that so often finds its way into our conversations, thinking that he picked a piss poor time for satire and whit. With my head against his heart and his hand soothingly stroking my hair he said "I wouldn't be lost without you, because without you, there would be nowhere left to go".

1 comment:

Audrey said...

that was really sweet of him. Who would have thought!