Tuesday, April 28, 2009

18 Weeks - gettin Fat and Dumb

Pregnancy may make your belly grow, but it also makes your brain shrink. Before I got pregnant I had heard of pregnancy brain but didn't think much of it. Well, the proof is in the pudding, and that shit is REAL.

Here is a list of the dumb things I have done in the last month:

1. Put the PineSol in the fridge

2. Mistook PineSol for Apple Juice and poured myself a glass

3. Put all my bills in the mail without any postage

4. Left my purse in the shopping cart at the grocery store

5. Went through the drive thru at McDonalds with absolutely no means to pay

6. Drove to Lincoln, NE when I was really supposed to be going to Omaha.

7. Packed for a trip and included absolutely zero jeans, pants or anything to wear on my bottom half.

8. Burnt an entire pan of Lasagna because I forgot to set the timer and fell asleep.

9. Started going through the carwash with my sunroof open

10. Attempted to remove my fingernail polish with alcohol b/c I thought it was remover. I started getting really pissed when it wasn't working so good.


Other than my lack of intelligence, the second trimester has been going well. I have bought only a few pieces of maternity wear. I'm thankful that I can still fit into my jeans.

Now that I am actually showing signs of being pregnant, Marv is really getting excited. This past Sunday, I woke up to find him carrying around a teddy bear in the crook of his arm. When I asked him what he was doing, he said "practicing". He talks to the baby sometimes, mostly telling it to kick me in the kidneys after I've said something he doesn't agree with or asked him to do some kind of domestic chore.

All of the furniture for the baby's room is ready to go. We bought our crib at Nebraska Furniture Mart. We found a floor model on clearance and snatched it up. I bought a changing table and rocking chair off craig's list for $20 each and painted them black to match the bed. I pulled a chest of drawers from a dumpster, cleaned it up, painted it, and replaced the drawer pulls. It all turned out really great and for less than $300! Right now I am in the process of painting the trim in the nursery. Only two more weeks until we can pick a wall color! Will it be pink or blue?

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Sounds like the nursery is coming together, I can't wait to see pics!!